Friday, November 20, 2015

fav on a friday | thanksgiving favs

Happy Friday, loves! 
Can you believe it's almost Thanksgiving?! I feel like we just celebrated the Fourth of July! Even though I can't believe it's already almost here, I'm so excited that it is! Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, and it's Little Baby L's first, so I'm double excited.

So for this week's FridayFavorite, I figured I would write about my favorite things about Thanksgiving!





1} Family. My absolute favorite thing about Thanksgiving is gathering with my family and celebrating why we are thankful. I love cooking all of our family recipes together (and trying new ones!) and sitting around the table enjoying dinner together.


2} Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. It's been a tradition in my family ever since I can remember to watch the parade while cooking and preparing dinner. My mom and I always sit and talk about which of the events are our favorite and how the parade is different from last year. It's a tradition I have grown to love and one that I'm so excited about passing down to Little Baby L this year!


3} Food. Calories? What are calories? I'm pretty sure it's a law that calories don't count on Thanksgiving.. Somewhere, anyway. I'm a natural born foodie to begin with, so Thanksgiving food is definitely on my list of favorites. My favorite thing to eat on Thanksgiving: my mom's broccoli casserole. It's to die for.


4} Full belly feeling. Am I the only one that knows this feeling? That feel of pure fully belly bliss that induces you into the best nap you take all year? No? Yes? 


5} Football. 'Nuff said.


5} Preparing for Black Friday. Now, when I say this, I don't mean that we go out at noon on Thanksgiving to sit in front of a locked door for 12 hours. We are firm believers that we save Black Friday shopping for, you know, Black Friday. However, I do like to sit with K and figure out where we are going when and figure out approximately how many cups of coffee our bodies can handle before we explode. 


What are your favorite things about Thanksgiving? 



{Give thanks to the Lord, His steadfast love endures forever. -Psalm 136:3}


xoxo, Brandi

No comments:

Post a Comment