Tuesday, December 22, 2015

daily thoughts as a mom



My mind set is very extremely different now as a mom compared to before our baby was even though of. It's nothing out of the ordinary to sing about changing a diaper or talking to my husband about baby poop. I laugh out loud to some of the thoughts that go through my head as a momma.
Here are just some of my daily thoughts that run through my head as a mom:

How long has it been since I’ve washed my hair? Dry shampoo = life saver.

What is that? Poop? Spit up? Drool? Let’s be honest. Does it really matter anymore?

Did I grab the diaper bag? Did I grab the pacifier? Let’s grab some extra clothes, too. Oh, probably another burp rag. Some socks, too, just in case. Water bottle is important. Heck, let’s just take the whole fridge. You never know when you might need that.

How many hours of sleep did I get last night? This week? You should probably just not ask that question. The answer gets depressing after a while.

When’s the last time I ate? Probably should just stop asking that one, too.

I wonder what phenomenon that dads having running through their bodies that they can sleep through that crying. I wonder if a nice cold bucket of ice water would wake him up.

I swear we just trimmed your nails. Seriously, how do baby nails get so long so quick? 

I should probably go check on the (sleeping) baby. Even though it's probably only been five minutes.

Maybe I will get ready today! I’ll do my hair and put on a nice outfit! Haha. Hahaha. Hahahahahahahahaha.

Mom bun for the win today everyday!

But my most favorite thought of all....
I never knew my heart could hold so much love.

{Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: many women do noble things, but you surpass them all. -Proverbs 31:30.}

xoxo, Brandi

No comments:

Post a Comment