Saturday, December 5, 2015

favorite lactation recipes | (so far)



I absolutely love breastfeeding, but it hasn’t been without its challenges. You can read some inspiration about struggles with breastfeeding here.

One challenge of mine was been suffering from low milk supply when L had a medical condition that prevented her from breastfeeding for a little while. I was trying to pump while in the hospital with her, but that was much easier said than done.

When we got home, I noticed that I had a dip in my milk supply and I was desperate to get it back up since we started breastfeeding again. I started researching online ways to boost my milk, and I was a little skeptical when I saw the recipes to help boost milk supply. But I was desperate, and what’ll you know: it worked.

So to any mommas suffering from low milk supply, you should really try out these recipes and see if they help you as much as they helped me!

Lactation Brownies: You can’t taste anything but the brownie and I love that! I found out that they stick really bad, even with spraying the pan. So you might want to use foil on your pan to prevent sticking!
I found the recipe on this blog.

Energy bites: I made these bites both for energy + for breastfeeding. You could throw a little bit of brewer's yeast in these, or just leave them how they are. The oats and flax seed are very beneficial for lactation. You can find that recipe here.

Overnight oats: Oatmeal does wonders to boost supply, but the real kind works much better than instant. I’m not a huge fan of plain homemade oatmeal, so I tried overnight oats for breakfast and looooved them! Just pop them in the fridge the night before and boom, breakfast and boob milk all in one.
This blog has seven different kinds that are all yummy! 

Brewer’s yeast: I started just throwing this stuff in everything that I could mix it in. Most of the time I can barely taste it! I bought my brewer’s yeast here.

Water: Don’t forget to drink water momma’s! Don’t drink past your thirst level but be vigilant to drink when you are thirsty. It makes a big difference!

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more lactation recipes in the comments below!

xoxo, Brandi

No comments:

Post a Comment