Thursday, December 10, 2015

why I ask for prayers on facebook



Whenever we have had a trying or difficult situation, I have been know to post a status, asking for prayers. I have often times wondered if people have gotten annoyed when I ask for prayers on Facebook. Maybe they think I’m doing it for attention or that I’m being needy.
But I can assure that this is far from the truth. I do not ask for prayers on Facebook to get attention; I ask for prayers on Facebook for one simple reason: Prayer is powerful. As mere human beings, prayer is one of the strongest tools we have to connect to our Heavenly Father, as He listens to every word we say and watches over every part of our lives.
There are many verses and passages in the Bible that state that prayer is powerful and much needed in our lives:

Because He bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath. -Psalm 116:2.

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. -Matthew 7:7.

This is what the Lord says: I have heard your prayer and I will heal you. -2 Kings 20:5.

There are also many verses and passages in the Bible that state that we must pray for each other:

Therefore, confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you many be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. -James 5:16.

I pray that your love for each other will overflow more and more, and that you will keep on growing in your knowledge and understanding. -Philippians 1:9.

When I post a status asking for a prayer, even if only one person responds, I know that that is one more person that is calling out to God for our sake and praying for us in their own way. That is one more prayer, one more powerful prayer. 
When I am scrolling through social media and I see that someone is going through a hard time or asking for a prayer, I immediately stop and pray for them and their situation because that is one more prayer, one more powerful prayer.

So yes, I may annoy a couple people by asking for prayers, but I also reach out in a humble manner to those who are willing, and ask for that one more powerful prayer because every prayer matters.

{For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. -Matthew 18:20.}

xoxo, Brandi

No comments:

Post a Comment