Saturday, February 27, 2016

L | five months!

My goodness. L turned f i v e months on Friday! It’s so crazy bittersweet to watch your baby grow.

This has definitely been the “most fun” (for lack of better words) month. L is constantly finding things to smile and laugh at. It’s definitely a 180 from her colicky days. Obviously she still has her mad-at-the-world-days, but most days she’s a sweet and happy girl.
She loves to play and move around all the time. She is always “talking", literally always. Her personality is definitely starting to show more and more. She is just so much fun!

Weight: 11 pounds 8 ounces. She went through a h u g e growth spurt this month. She gained over a pound in two weeks! Her 0-3 month clothes were baggy on her at the beginning of the month, and now they are almost too tight!

Height: I’m actually not sure on this since it’s been a while since our last appointment.

Wears: 3 month clothes, almost 3-6. Size 1 diapers.

Teeth: Still working on that stubborn tooth.

Loves: L still loves to be worn by K or I. She is definitely a “hold me” baby. She loves toys, especially ones that crinkle. She finds them so much fun to play with + to stick in her mouth. She’s slowly starting to love her ExerSaucer. She used to hate it but now is fascinated by it. L absolutely loves to watch the TV (no shame in admitting that, haha). It doesn’t matter what we are watching, she wants to watch, too. She does like to watch a little bit of cartoons in the morning while mommy eats breakfast. She still loves baths; she’s definitely going to be a water baby. She loves to stand. She also loves to talk, squeal, laugh, scream- basically do any sound that she can get out of her little mouth.

Hates: Sitting. I’m not sure if it hurts her belly (acid reflux) or if it’s just her personality, but she would much rather stand than sit. She still hates naps, but we are getting better at them. She hates the sun being in her eyes, but her eyes are so blue that that doesn’t surprise me. L also hates when I leave the room and don’t take her with. She still hates tummy time but is getting a bit better at staying on her belly before she either starts crying or rolls over.

Is able to: She rolled belly to back last month, + she’s one good shove from going back to belly. She has definitely learned how to use her hands. She grabs, pulls, and rubs everything she can get her hands on. She is always grabbing her toys, and pulling her paci out of her mouth. She can stand super well (with assistance of course). Part of me feels like she’s going to try and walk before she tries to crawl. When she does sit, she can sit for 5-10 seconds before falling over!

L went/is going through her four month sleep regression still. It’s f i n a l l y y y y y starting to get better after a month and a half. 

L is soo curious. Of e v e r y t h i n g. It’s super cute until it’s naptime/bedtime. ;)

She is also becoming a huge momma’s girl. I’m not sure if it’s because I’m with her all day every day or what, but she cannot stand being held by anyone other than me for a few minutes. She’s usually good with K, but if she’s crying or upset, she wants mom. But I don’t mind it at all. #heartemojis

I cannot believe that we almost have a half-year old, but it has been the best months of our lives. Time goes so quick, but I also love seeing her grow in every way in each new day.

{I am absolutely, unmistakably, positively smitten with you.}

xoxo, Brandi

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful!
    She reminds me so much of my daughter at that age <3 so sweet!!
    xoxo,
    alysalovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so stinking cute! I can't believe her next update she will have been here for half a year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know, right?! I can't believe it!!

      Delete