Monday, March 28, 2016

half birthday babe

Say what? It’s my little babe’s half birthday already?! I swear I only blinked for a second.


We’ve had so many new changes this month. It’s been a whirlwind.

the numbers: Weight is around 12.9. She wears size two diapers and we are still in 3 month clothes, but I have a feeling we are going to transition very soon to the next size up.

Right now her favorite toy is her baby banana. She likes to shake rattles + grab everything around her.
She loves seeing anything and everything. We usually try to get out of the house at least once a day, whether it’s to the store or for a walk because L loves to check everything out. 
She still loves to eat. We have begun experimenting with solids. Other than solids, we are still exclusively nursing, and I am so grateful for that.
We sat in the cart for this first time this month, but she didn’t much care for it yet.
Some days she really wants to be in her carrier, other day she doesn’t want to be in it at all. 
I love the huge smile she gives me when I go pick her up after naps/in the morning.
She has one heck of a personality that comes through more and more every months. She is so much fun, and she’s has a very bold personality at the moment.
But at the same time, she’s very shy. Always wants momma or daddy. When she’s really upset, momma is the only one that’ll do.
We are still having belly problems, but we are working on fixing those every day.
She sleeps with her arms out of the swaddle at night, but is still swaddled during nap time.
She loves to hear the sound of her voice, and she talks all the time.
She is still not a fan of tummy time, but I think it’s more because it hurts her belly. Same goes for sitting. Usually she either wants held or wants to lay on her back, sometimes she’s good in the swing, too.
Her laugh is contagious, and it’s the cutest thing my ears have ever heard. She laughs and smiles about many things these days, too many to name off.
Bath time is so much fun now, as she splashes and giggles when the water goes crazy.
She loves the dog. She thinks the dog is the funniest thing ever.
She’s not as interested in the cat, and I think the feeling is mutual.
She likes to be outside, unless it’s windy or the sun is in her eyes.
She gives her daddy the biggest smile when he comes home.
She likes to run her fingers through her momma’s hair, and she thinks it’s hilarious when my hair is in a bun on top of my head.
She likes to be kept busy, and gets bored quickly.
She doesn’t like to sit still.
She would rather stand than sit, and I swear we are going to have a walker before a crawler.
She can roll from back to belly, and belly to back. But she doesn’t like doing either.
She still doesn’t like to nap, but we are getting better with them.
We have a bedtime routine that her momma loves as much as she does.
She laughs and gives big smiles when her momma or daddy sings to her, and she loves listening to daddy play guitar.

I’ve covered so much, yet so little of my sweet baby. I'm sure I'm forgetting at least 50 things.
I could go on, and on, and on about the joy that she brings to our lives. We never knew there was a part missing, until Jesus gave us her.

I love you so very much, my little baby of mine.
Happy half birthday.

xoxo, momma.



No comments:

Post a Comment