Thursday, April 28, 2016

beauty overhaul project | day one

I recently talked about going through my stashed away beauty products so that I could do some organizing and some spring cleaning. I'm so glad I decided to do this because one) I have found some products that I love, two) I have found some that I don't love, and three) it's looking a bit cleaner in my bathroom drawers!



I went through quite a few products, and here’s my thoughts on some of them:

simple moisturizing face wash - I have mixed thoughts on this product. Likes: the scent, the way it feels on my face while washing, the minimal ingredients compared to most face cleansers, + the price. Dislikes: it makes my face feel really tight after my face has dried, + I have to use quite a bit of moisturizer to counter the tightness. I think this would have been better for me if I had my before-pregnancy-oily-face, but now that my face is drier than it used to be, it takes away what little moisture I have. I think this would be best suited for someone with more oily/normal skin!

pond’s cold cream cleanser - I have used this stuff since I was in high school, + I still love it. It takes off all my make up with ease, + makes my skin feel so soft afterward. I do use a wet rag to wipe off my face a bit afterwards and/or wash my face to prevent clogged pores. 

mitchell and peach fine radiance face oil - I received this in an ipsy box a while ago, and I just never got around to using it. After we moved, I found it in a box and figured I would give it a try! I like the smell of the oil blend, and it’s not near as “oily” as I thought it would be. In face, I barely even feel it when I apply it to my face! I notice a bit difference in my face, but I’m not sure that it’s enough to buy it after it’s gone. But I will use this one up!

jergens hydrating coconut lotion- I grabbed this on a whim during a quick trip to the store after I noticed how dry my skin was due to the crazy weather we’ve been having. Before my pregnancy, I used to use bath + body works lotions because I loved all the difference scents, but during + after pregnancy, I noticed that they made my skin really irritated. (Being pregnant literally changed my skin 180 degrees. It’s completely different now!) This lotion; however, doesn’t irritate my skin at all, and I actually really like it! It has a lovely smell, and it makes my skin feel really soft. I use it every day and it will definitely be on my “buy again” list!

mother earth creations coconut scrub - I’m almost out of this and I’m so sad! I love love love this stuff, and I’m definitely going to have to buy some more! I use this after I wash my face, and I barely need any moisturizer after I’m done! My skin feels so “new” after I rinse it off. + unlike most scrubs to me, it’s not harsh on my face. It’s really gentle and soothing. Definitely an A+!

xoxo, Brandi

No comments:

Post a Comment