Thursday, April 21, 2016

diy | natural + easy spider repellent

If you know me at all, you know that I am not a fan of spiders. at. all.
My fear of spiders is equal to that of Ronald Weasley's from Harry Potter. Maybe even a bit more.

i.hate.them.and.they.hate.me.

And do you want to know where their favorite spot in our house is?

The nursery. You know, like the one my little baby sleeps in.

#heckno.

So I went on a search for something that was natural first and foremost so I could use it in little babe's room, and something that didn't require a chem lab to make.

Y'all know how I am about my oils, so of course I'm going to add those in to make the easiest, safest, and best spider repellant around.


items needed:

- a spray bottle (you don't need anything big, I sprayed my whole house + had some left over with this bottle)

- peppermint essential oil

- water

directions:

- fill up your spray bottle most of the way with water.

- add 15 drops of peppermint essential oil. if the spiders are really bad around your house, I would suggest adding 20 drops of oil. or moving out. your choice. ;)

- spray on the inside and outside of all windows and doors. you can do this as often as you need/want to. I do it weekly.

That's it! The first time I used my spray, we went from having those little suckers everywhere to only having a couple. With regular use, we now barely see any on the inside of our home, and not near as many outside.

It is completely safe to use in every room of your home, even your baby's room!

Let me know in the comments below how well this spray worked for you!

ps: if you need some peppermint essential oil (or any essential oils) check this post out!

xoxo, Brandi

1 comment:

  1. nice! I'll have to try this. I HATE spiders, too. They are especially the worst at the cabin, in the bathroom there, so keeping them out of there would make trips to the cabin much more enjoyable :p

    ReplyDelete