Tuesday, May 3, 2016

celebrating twenty three

I celebrated my 23rd birthday on yesterday! I feel like after the 21st birthday, birthday’s are just kind of like.. oh hey, it’s my birthday. double that after you have kids.

But it was a super special day, thanks to my hubs and my little babe.

L was super sleepy most of the day, and slept really, really well all day. she even slept in! happy birthday to me! ;)

It was nice though because I’m currently battling a nasty cold, so I rested right along with her.

Minus the cold, it was a great day. K surprised me with breakfast, and I got it eat it hot. whaat.

He surprised me with some lovely gifts, including this shirt

my obsession with screen print tees is getting a little out of hand.

and this picture frame that he made for me (he’s truly the best at woodworking. he makes everything around here!)



he also got me some chocolate that night. calories don’t count on your birthday right?

We ended the day with pizza and watching Netflix. It was crazy up in here y’all.

Really though, it was truly a wonderful birthday. 

.................................................

in honor of my birthday, here some birthday-ish facts about me:

one: i actually hate birthday cake. I’ve never been a fan of the taste, especially if it’s not homemade. i’ll stick with just the ice cream.

two: i’ve only had three birthday parties in all of my twenty three years of living. 

three: because of that, I want to make all of L’s birthday’s extra special.

four: my favorite flavor of ice cream is mint chocolate chip.

five: but sometimes it’s cookie dough.

six: and sometimes it’s something flavored with reeses. #allicecreamisequal

seven: I have a late birthday, and I was always one of the last to turn one year older in my classes in school.

eight: I always hated it and never understood why I had a late birthday until i was old enough to get that concept.

nine: I have only been able to drink on one birthday: my 21st. all my others, I was either underage, pregnant, or sick. totes living it up.

ten: I share a birthday with Dwayne Johnson, David Beckham, and Princess Charlotte. #win.

xoxo, Brandi

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Sounds like a pretty fabulous day!
    my birthday is in September, so it always felt like everyone in my class was older than me haha I was turning the age they turned the previous school year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It sounds like we were in the same boat!

      Delete