Friday, May 6, 2016

last minute mother's day gift

Can you believe Mother's Day is almost here?! I'm a little sentimental this year because it's my first Mother's Day with the little babe outside of my belly.

I put together this gift for both my mama and mama-in-law for their birthdays, but I thought it would be the perfect gift for Mother's Day.

Reasons this is a good gift: one) it's easy. two) it's cheap. three) it's freakin adorable.


last minute mother's day gift

materials needed:

- a pot
- non-toxic paint
- various small candles, such as votives and tarts
- styrofoam
- tissue paper
- cake pop sticks
- washi tape
- anything else you want to stick in the pot

directions:

- I did the hand print flowers first. I rolled some non-toxic paint on the little babe's hands, and stuck her hand on the pot to make a "flower". I then make some little stems with leaves for the finishing touches.

- I then cut the styrofoam to fit inside the pot. Make sure you get some styrofoam that easy to push sticks into. I found that out the hard way. Get the softer version versus the hard version.

- I stuck the styrofoam into the pot and put some mint green tissue paper on top. Then I cut up some washi tape strips, and taped the candles onto the cake pop sticks. You could also probably hot glue them, or get some skewers and just stick them in the candle.

- And for the finale, I stuck the flower-candle-dodad sticks into the styrofoam in the pot, along with some sparkly butterfly things I found in the craft section and tada: cutest gift ever.

Have the most wonderful Mother's Day, mamas!!

xoxo, Brandi

2 comments:

  1. so cute!!! I want to make this now haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how it turns out if you end up making it!!

      Delete