Thursday, June 9, 2016

beauty overhaul project | day two

Guys. I'm so glad that I started the beauty overhaul project.

I've gone through so many products, and have actually cleaned out a drawer in the bathroom.

say whaaaaat.

I know, crazy. I've been going through products left and right, and have found some that I absolutely love - and some that I absolutely hate.

Let's get started //


degrease shampoo // I originally bought this this past winter. My scalp gets so dry and itchy during the colder months, and I desperately needed something to help it. After searching for hours for something that could help, I came across this shampoo with some pretty good ratings and decided to try it. The bottle is kind of small, and I usually have to use a small handful to get enough to coat my hair. It's not the cheapest shampoo, but also not the most expensive. But it really worked. My scalp was noticeably less itchy and dry after the first week (about one use or so). It cut down the oiliness in my hair, too. The only big dislike I had was that it made the rest of my hair, especially my ends, really dry. I had to use quite a bit of conditioner on the ends of my hair when I used it. But, it helped my scalp so much that it was worth it when I needed it.

simple smoothing facial scrub: // let me start out by saying that I think this product all depends on your skin type. I've mentioned before that pregnancy drastically changed my skin, making it super dry and sensitive. I have to be super careful in the products I use, especially on my face. That being said - this product definitely did not work for me. It actually hurt my face to use, and felt really abrasive. I think this product is meant for those who have oily and less sensitive skin. I also didn't care much for the scent. at all. So basically, this is a no from me.

mother earth creations coffee almond scrub // if you are looking for a scrub, I 110% recommend mother earth creations. Her products are amazing, and one of the few that work on my crazy sensitive skin. I love all of her products. I talked about her coconut tree scrub in my last beauty overhaul post, and I also have come to love her coffee almond scrub as well. I use this scrub on my body and I use the coconut scrub on my face. They both exfoliate amazingly well, while remaining gentle, and they smell wonderful. double thumbs up for me!

big sexy hair hair spray - spray and play // I got this hair spray for free once during a promo at Sephora, and I fell in love with it. I use very little at a time because a little bit goes a long way, and I don't usually have to use too much anyway because of the texture of my hair. It's a little pricey, but a good hair spray for the price!

xoxo, Brandi

No comments:

Post a Comment