Thursday, June 16, 2016

things I am/things I do

I recently came across a series of blogs that started a “things I am / things I do” thread of posts to build up some positivity and confidence in all of their lives. I loved reading through them, seeing how each woman gave herself some credit and loving herself as she should.

I am the first to admit that I don’t give myself enough credit, and I am most definitely my toughest critic. It’s one of my greatest flaws.
I am working on that area of my life so I can teach my little babe that she needs to love herself and to give herself a pat on the back when she deserves it. 
We all need to show ourselves some love more than just once and a while!


things I am // things I do

1 // I do everything in love. Whether that be a friendship, a simple act of kindness, a random encounter in the store, or even my marriage / my role as a mother - I do it all with love in the front of my mind. I want everyone that comes to me to leave happier than they were before they got there.

2 // I give everything 110%. While this can be a flaw at times, most of the times it is not. I’m not one to do anything half way.

3 // I am a good mother. Some days, this seems like the farthest thing from the truth. But I need to remind myself more often that I am a good mother, all of the time. The love I have for my daughter is so fierce and so full, and that makes me a good mother.

4 // I am creative. I have people compliment me quite frequently that I’m creative, and that’s something I try to embrace on a daily basis, especially since creativity runs my business. :)

5 // I am sensitive. Oh boy. Normally, I would say this is a bad thing. But - as much as it can hurt me, it has greatly shaped me into the person I am today. I am immensely compassionate and loving, because I want no one to hurt, ever. My mom tells me all the time when I’m having a “sensitive moment" that when I was a baby, I used to cry when other babies cried because I was sad that they were sad. Silly as that sounds, that’s still true for me today. It’s molded me into the person I was meant to be, and that's okay.

I feel like I should end that list here, but now that I have dug deeper into what I am / what I do, I know that there is so much more to love about myself than I give myself credit for.

I challenge you to take this prompt, and to spread some more positivity around in your own life. You deserve it. :)

xoxo, Brandi

No comments:

Post a Comment