Tuesday, June 28, 2016

what I'm reading

I am a huge bookworm. If I could read for a living and get paid for it, that would seriously be my dream job. I just love getting lost in a good book when I have a spare (rare) moment.

drink cozy
what I’m reading

The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks // Nicholas Sparks is my homeboy. I absolutely love his books, as cliche as that might be. My fan girl level went to a new high after reading The Longest Ride. It’s definitely my favorite book written by him. I finished the book in two days (and I’m a stay-at-home-mom haha!). I read it in every spare moment. I can’t wait to see the movie; I’ve heard it’s wonderful! Have you seen it? What do you think of it?

Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells // I bought this book in a used bookstore on vacation because I needed a new book to read on the car ride home. This book is very… different. Haha, definitely not what I was expecting! I’m so intrigued with it though. I haven’t finished it yet, so no spoilers! I haven’t seen the movie for this book either. Have you?

Open Your Bible by Raechel Myers and Amanda Bible Williams // I started this devotional with a friend, and while it’s outside of my normal devotional topics, I am so glad I started it. The Lord has definitely spoken to me through these pages, and I definitely recommend it to those of you that struggle to just sit down and open your Bible and READ on a daily basis!

The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman // Hubs and I started this book a while back, and while we still haven’t finished it yet (we are really tired), we LOVE it. Definitely worth every single penny plus a million more. Our marriage has reached a whole new level in just the weeks we’ve been reading it, and I can’t wait to see how it works in our marriage in the rest of the book!

What are you reading right now? Any recommendations?!

xoxo, Brandi

2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing, I am currently looking for some summer reads. Will definitely add the five love languages to my collection

    ReplyDelete