Friday, August 19, 2016

one on friday.

I don't have five on friday today because, simply put, this week was awful.

Monday morning rolled around, and I just didn't feel right. I wasn't hungry, my stomach was achy, and I was so tired. I chopped it up to a bad night of sleep and a fussy baby.

Then Monday afternoon rolled around, and without going into too much detail, I couldn't keep anything down.

Tuesday morning, I started running a fever and the no-food-staying-down continued all day. Kyle wasn't able to take the day off due to stuff at work, so I was taking care of a baby (who was also catching the stomach bug) while trying to survive myself. Dramatic, I know. But if you've ever had the stomach flu, it's just plain awful.

Wednesday morning rolled around and it still wasn't gone. Kyle said he was going to take a half day, and come home and take the baby so I could rest.

JK.

I had one of the most terrifying moments of my life that morning. Kyle left, and Lilli and I went to her playroom. Kyle had only been gone about 15 minutes when my phone rang, when I got the news the Kyle had been in a head on collision.

You know that feeling when your heart stops, your whole world goes in double slow motion, and you just can't breathe? That was how I felt.

I had no idea if Kyle was okay, what had happened, or what was going on. I called my mother in law and my mom, stuff a half naked baby into the car, and drove to the accident site.

It wasn't that far away from our house, just down the street. There's an intersection that is just horrible. It's a two way stop on a four way street, and there's accidents there all the time. It always makes me nervous to drive through it, and now even more so.

When I got there, I noticed that Kyle was by our vehicle. You could tell that he had been hit hard. The car was smashed to bits. The air bags had deployed. The windshield was smashed. The doors were off balance. Kyle was having trouble breathing, and he was having chest pain.

It was one of the worst moments of my life.

I was so scared for Kyle, so thankful that he was alive and okay. So thankful that Lilli hadn't been in the car. So worried that our car was totaled. And oh so nauseous.

Kyle, thank God, checked out fine in the hospital. He had some pretty bad whiplash, some bruises and some cuts. His head hurt and he was tired. He's not able to walk much, and not able to lift anything.

The doctors told us we were lucky Kyle wasn't injured more than he was. The car that hit him was going 50 mph. He was so lucky.

God had His hand on Kyle that morning. I'm still thanking and crying out to Him, thank You. Kyle is more than just my husband, he is my best friend, my other half. I am so thankful that he is okay, and that he is safe.

Thank you to everyone on social media that reached out to us and gave us kind words and prayers. We are so thankful for every one of them.

via

xoxo, Brandi

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness.... I just sat with my jaw dropped reading this. You are right - that's a bad week.
    PRAISE GOD your precious love was OK. That has to be the worst moment in life to ever get a phone call about a wreck.
    The days HAVE to start looking up from here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Brandi, this is just awful. I am so glad that Kyle is fine and I hope that you're feeling better now as well. I pray for a much better weekend for all of you. Just take the time to relax and soak in the moments with your loved ones. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete