Monday, November 14, 2016

life of a work at home mom

Being a mom can be hard, whether you are a stay at home mom, a work at home mom, or a working mom. I cannot speak for the two that I am not, but I can speak for being a work at home mom.

And friends, it can be really stinkin’ hard.

Worth it, but really stinkin’ hard.

Here are some things that you will know if you are a work at home mama:

late nights. ahh, the late nights and little sleep. the tv might be on, but you are still hard at work. it’s the only time of uninterrupted time you get, so you take advantage of it. Even if that means you are exhausted from all the late nights.

-early mornings. see above, apply it to early mornings and subtract more sleep.

-work during nap times. I can’t remember the last time I just sat during a nap and did something for me. I’m always doing something work related during those 90 ish minutes. you do what needs to be done, when you have time to get it done.

feeling like you’re failing at something. at least once a month I’m hit with some kind of guilt because I didn’t reach 100% in one (or more) areas of my life that week, whether it be personally or work related. At one point or another, one part of your life has to be put on the back burner, and that is really hard.

working two full time jobs. or like, thirty six. the wife, the mom, the cook, the maid, the boo boo fixer, the blogger, the small business owner, the list maker, the whatever-you-need-to-be-that-day. it’s better to just not count how many jobs you currently have and don’t get paid for. ;)

feeling under appreciated. it's really hard being a small business owner, and most people don't realize all of the hard work, sacrificed time, and grueling hours put into their order. but the ones who express how grateful they are make it all worth it. :)

feeling overworked, overwhelmed, and overloaded. LOL see above points.

feeling successful. YES it’s hard. but it’s so worth it when a customer writes to me and tells me how much she loves whatever I made her. or when i get a picture of a baby wearing a hat i made him, or wrapped in a blanket that I made her. that’s when my success mode kicks in and it’s all worth it.

feeling like a #girlboss. heck yeah i’m juggling thirty six jobs and my kid is alive at the end of every day and I some how managed to put a fully cooked meal on the table. YES i’m a #girlboss and i’m proud of it!

I salute you, my fellow work at home mom’s and #girlbosses. You are rocking this and you are making a difference. You are showing your husband and your children and your friends and your family how STRONG you are and how AWESOME you are! You are showing them that it can be done, every single day!

shirt // coffee cozy
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength." - Philippians 4:13

rock on, #girlboss.

xoxo, Brandi

2 comments:

  1. "heck yeah i’m juggling thirty six jobs and my kid is alive at the end of every day and I some how managed to put a fully cooked meal on the table. YES i’m a #girlboss and i’m proud of it!"

    SO TRUE! You are a beautiful soul! An amazing mama and wife, and a perfect friend <3

    ReplyDelete