Wednesday, November 30, 2016

one year blogiversary

i celebrated my one year blogiversary last week! i started this blog to support mama’s, support small shops, and support myself, and that is exactly what it has started to become!

i’ve been so blessed to support so many small shops in this year, and i can’t wait to support so many more!

i’ve also had such great joy in reaching out and growing out of my comfort zone by talking about so many personal issues, in hopes of encouraging others. i hope to grow even more in the coming years, and watch this blog blossom!

shirt
i have officially been blogging for 12 months, so here’s 12 things about me:

one. my husband and i will be married 3 years this january!

two. speaking of winter - i love it. i’m one of those people who isn’t a huge fan of summer, but loves fall and winter. bring on the snow.

three. fall is my favorite season, but Christmastime is my absolute favorite time of the year.

four. if things would have gone the way i had originally planned in life (LOL), i was supposed to be almost done with law school, and hopefully finding a career in family law. but i’m so glad God had other plans. instead, i’m headed back to school next semester to finish my undergrad in pre-law, while holding my little babe on my hip. :)

five. i’m not a huge color person. i really like neutrals. navy is the only color outside of neutrals that i love. 

six. i used to play in band, clarinet and saxophone to be specific. i miss it so much, but it’s hard to find time to play in the busyness of the days.

seven. but. i am on a mission to learn how to play cello. i have always wanted to learn for as long as i can remember, and i’m finally going to branch out and do it!

eight. joanna gaines is my spirit animal. that is all.

nine. i’m one of those people that wants to take photos of everything all the time to hold the memory. my mom was the exact opposite, so i feel like i’m always “take all the photos” now.

ten. i like to cook, but i don’t looooove it. but, i do looooove to bake!

eleven. i’ve gotten really big into fashion in the past few years, with both me and now Lilli. but, i do a lot of thrifting to support this new habit. we rarely buy/wear anything at full price! it’s so exciting to me when i’m wearing a brand new cute outfit that i got for cheap!

twelve. and speaking of cheap, i am a huuuuge thrifter. it rattles my bones when i have to pay full price for anything. my husband always laughs that i can spend forever in a store looking through clearance racks, but he always stops laughing when i score amazing deals. haha! i rarely buy anything full price unless i have to!

thank you for being here with me for this past year! i’m so thankful for every one of you that reads my blog. here’s to you!

xoxo, Brandi

8 comments:

  1. Happy One year of blogging. That is awesome. I love getting to know you even more. I think Joanne is my spirit animal too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on one year of blogging and I loved learning more about you!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on a one year blogiversary! And I'm with you, bring on the snow! And God's way is always perfect, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy blogiversary! Also, the cello, so awesome!! Little man is obsessed with violin, but is taking piano first since he's three and it's a bit easier, ha!

    ReplyDelete