Wednesday, May 24, 2017

my mercari haul

Hi friends! Happy Wednesday! I'm super happy that we are halfway through this week. If you saw my Instagram post this morning, then you know I'm writing this with my eyelids have closed, and I may or may not accidentally take a nap while writing this.

Haha I only wish I was joking.

Anyway! Have you all ever heard of Mercari?

Mercari is an app like is just like Poshmark and ThredUp. You sell clothes you no longer want, and you can buy clothes for very reasonably priced.

I don't buy from here super often, because I wait until I have enough credits from selling my clothes before buying new ones. Otherwise I'd buy all the things and Kyle would get concerned about all the packages on our door step. :)

I recently did a small haul, though, and wanted to show off what I snagged for a grand total of... you can see the answer at the bottom of this post! ;)


I got both this forest green top and black Old Navy skinny jeans in this haul. I love this green top so much, but it is a little large on me. The back is a little lower than I prefer, so I'm going to see if I can make it work with a strappy tank top that I ordered that I'm waiting to arrive. But the back is so beautiful - look at that ruffle detail!


I also snagged those black skinny jeans for an amazing price. I have three pairs of these jeans, but for some reason, these didn't fit me like the others do! I'm wondering if they are an older edition, or maybe because they are black versus blue jean. Either way, I'm going to resell them because I can't get over the fit. 



I also got this pretty pink tank top! This is also a little big on me (yay for losing weight - but bummer being in-between sizes!), but the straps are adjustable so I can make this one work - yay! The color is perfect for spring and summer, and I love the beaded detail at the top.



I haven't decided about this dress yet. Things I love about it: It's length - it's so hard finding lengths that work on my short height, but that also cover my bum. The length is perfect on this! I love the material - it's a heavier material that's perfect for fall and winter, and that fabric is also super forgiving. I absolutely cannot stand when things hug my body - I couldn't even stand it before I had a "mom bod". Lol! Dislike: The color is difficult to describe, but I'm not sure yet if it looks good with my skin tone or not. The waist is also a bit big on me, but I can't tell yet if it's that noticeable. What do you think - keep or not keep?



I was super excited to snag this matching set of Under Armour workout gear! Workouts are always better when you're wearing cute workout clothes, am I right? ;) These thankfully fit perfectly, and I love the colors of both. 

Here's a break down of the prices:

Green tank top: Regularly: $35. My price: $3!
Black Old Navy skinny jeans: Regularly: $30. My price: $10!
Pink tank top: Regularly: $15. My price: $3!
Green Forever21 dress: Regularly: $20. My price: $5!
UA black tank top: Regularly: $40. My price: $3!
UA purple sports bra: Regularly: $45. My price: $3!

So full price, I would have paid $185. Nope. I love to find clothes and that I love and feel good in, but I never pay full price for anything unless I need it. Even then, I have a hard time doing it, lol! That's the main reason I shop on Mercari and Poshmark.

Total, plus the $9 shipping, I paid $54! But really, I only paid $9 because that's the only thing I didn't have enough credits for. Even still though, that's a huge discount for brand new clothes!

If you're interested in joining Mercari, you can use my referral code and you'll get $2 free to spend on any purchase! Just download the Mercari app, and enter in code ZTMSUN.
If you're interesting in joining Poshmark, you can use my referral code and you'll get $5 free to spend on any purchase! Just download the Poshmark app, and enter in code JGRRI.



1 comment:

  1. I love that green dress!! So cute. And that first top is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete